Legacy Chillers was able to design manufacture deliver and install a highly reliable, energy efficient chiller package to a remote Hawaiian Island. The three units have been in operation for nearly 8 years in a very corrosive environment and are still running strong. Legacy Chiller is an honest, highly technically competent refrigeration design and manufacturing company who sells solutions to refrigeration challenges from simple to complex. Whether it is one off or high volume, they deliver as promised.
After competing in the HVACR equipment market for over three decades, we have learned a lot and we want to share what we have learned with you.
Regardless of your experience we have structured this Buyer’s Guide to provide easy to understand facts that should be considered when making your next investment in a fluid process chiller.
Use the form at the bottom of this page to download our Process Chiller Buyer’s Guide.
- Potential Markets for Process Chillers: Outlines eight potential markets we consider to be in high demand for process chillers.
- Process Chiller Duty Cycle: covers the two major classifications (or duty cycles) that describe how a process chiller is used.
- Air-Cooled and Water-Cooled Chillers: explains the differences between air-cooled chiller and water-cooled chillers.
- Common Process Cooling Configurations: explains the differences between “once-through” and “recirculation” cooling configurations.
- The Dark Side of Chiller Manufacturing – What Chiller Manufacturers Don’t Tell You: details concerning trends in the world of chiller manufacturing that may leave you with a sub-standard product.
- Features Matter: Identifies key process chiller features known to increase the overall reliability and extend life cycle.
- Controls Matter: Details key microprocessor control features required by modern process chillers.